Friday, February 18, 2011

whatcha say

i know i'm extremely late with this post, like, a year-and-a-half late,  but this song just came on pandora radio, and i really wanted to address my love/hate relationship with it.

i love imogen heap, and i really love this song.


so when i first heard jay-suuun duh-rulo drop, first, his name (as always), and then some imogen sampling, i was really turned off.  but then my britney spears-loving, i-like-the-beat-but-hate-the-lyrics-of-rap'ing self heard it a few more times, and i couldn't deny that i do like this song.


but yeah, i hate the lyrics.  i really hate them.  jason derulo, let me tell you something.  if you cheat on me, i am not going to give you another chance.  but if i were to ever maybe even consider it, your little lyrics certainly wouldn't help.


Girl, I was caught up in her lust
When I don't really want no one else
So, no, I know I should've treated you better
But me and you were meant to last forever



ew. you were caught up in her lust, so you know, at that moment, it sounds like you did want someone else.  don't blame it on her lust.  own your actions, jd.  accept responsibility.


'Cause when the roof caved in and the truth came out
I just didn't know what to do
But when I become a star we'll be living so large
I'll do anything for you



NO! that doesn't make it better.  i don't really care if you're a star and we're "living so large" if you're sticking it to another lady.  you should be doing anything for me now.  that anything could include, well, anything really... but i'd definitely like it to include remaining faithful. jesus.  this is where i blame the likes of tiger woods, tony parker, etc.  just because you're famous and rich doesn't mean you can cheat on your wives and girlfriends and not pay the consequences.  GROW UP ASSHOLES.


I know what I did wasn't clever
But me and you were meant to be together
So let me in
(Let me in)
Give me another chance
(Another chance)
To really be your man



jason, i don't know that clever is the right adjective to use here.  it certainly works, but... something about it just feels off.  also, please stop telling me that i should forgive you because we're meant to be together.  you should be telling me that you are an asshole and you deserve anything i throw your way, and that you never want to see anyone else's goodies again for the rest of your life, because mine are the best, and if i would just take you back, you'll be a better man and shower me with no, not gifts and living large stuff, but with affection and genuine love.


i'm not going to take you back, but that's what i'd suggest you say.


stay tuned for my response to eminem and rhianna's "love the way you lie."  coming december 2011!

No comments: