Monday, April 11, 2011

something good can work

to say that i'm going through a few life changes right now is a bit of an understatement.

within the first month of this year, i ended a relationship that had gone on, off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on, and finally off again for over 4 years.  i also decided to leave my awesome and stable job to pursue writing, which is not so stable, but my dream.

i've always been a happy and optimistic person, but after the initial shock (read: absolute mind-numbing fear) of both of these decisions wore off, i found myself feeling freer and happier than i've felt in a long, long time.

a few other people that are near and dear to my heart are also going through some shifts in life, and one of them sent me an awesome song last thursday (hint: she has red hair and is from texas).  she'd heard this song and decided that it's her new theme song, and should be mine, too.

after listening to it once, i was already hooked.  it's a perfet song to segue into the spring, and not only is the song itself catchy, but the lyrics are pretty fitting, too.

oh, and the band is from my beloved northern ireland.  be still my musical heart.




No comments: